How can TMJ syndrome affect you, and how to find relief?
Does Temporomandibular Joint Disorder sound like Greek and Latin to you? Also called the TMJ Syndrome, the Temporomandibular Joint Disorder becomes worse especially when it goes unnoticed. If you suffer from or you think you're suffering from TMJ disorder, this blog can help you clear your doubts and find TMJ Treatment, especially in San Francisco.
What Is TMJ Syndrome?
A TMJ or Temporomandibular Joint disorder occurs when the joints that connect the skull and the jawbone ache painfully.
What causes TMJ disorder?
It can happen because of: -
- Some accident or injury which may have misaligned your Jaw or teeth
- Teeth Clenching or Grinding
- Gum Chewing
- Or Stress
How TMJ disorder affects you?
You must know that TMJ disorder can’t be ignored. It can lead to various severe problems which can cost you a lot of discomforts. The TMJ disorder can: -
- Make you experience excruciating pain
- Limit your jaw movement
- Cause Jaw dislocation
- Lock open your Jaw
- Put you strictly on a soft diet to reduce pressure on the joint
How to diagnose a TMJ Syndrome?
Self-Diagnosis may not be the best idea. It would help if you approach a dental expert. A specialist will usually: -
- Examine your jaw movement
- Sightly press your face or Jaw to determine pain areas etc
- Listen to your Jaw, which you make movements to check for a click-like sound
Solution For TMJ Syndrome:
The only solution to TMJ disorder is contacting a TMJ specialist in San Francisco. Early diagnosis can help reverse the condition. Even the slightest symptoms should be an indication that you need a specialist.
- There are several advanced procedures such as X-rays or TMJ arthroscopy, which the specialist performs if something is suspected.
- Nerve Stimulation: Nerve Stimulation or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a method that involves low voltage shocks on the inflamed areas. It helps the patient relieve the excruciating pain
- Tailor-made Splints: If you need a reliable TMJ Treatment in San Francisco, come to Soma Dental and ask for custom-made splints. Its equipment that is fitted either on your upper or lower teeth to provide a cushion-like effect.
- The purpose is to make you avoid grinding or clenching your teeth. It's effective if you choose a specialist
For TMJ Treatment in San Francisco:
TMJ treatment in San Francisco is provided by specialists in dental service. It is affordable, reliable and top class. Dial them and fix an appointment to avail the treatment. Go for an early diagnosis to avoid further complications.