Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment of TMJ Disorder
Joints in our body help us to walk, talk and move around with ease. Similarly, the temporomandibular joint provides a hinge which interconnects your jaw to the skull. In this article, we shall speak about TMJ Disorders, their symptoms, and the treatments to get rid of them. In our previous blog, we have explained about 12 signs that indicate you need TMJ treatment in San Francisco. However, if you are suffering from TMJ disorders and looking to get the best TMJ treatment in San Francisco, visit Soma Dental today to know more.
About TMJ Treatment in San Francisco:
As stated earlier, TMJ is the joint which attaches the lower half of the jaw with your skull. It is a joint that lets you open and close your mouth and lets you speak and eat in an easy manner.
However, it is highly difficult to determine the exact reason for the occurrence of TMJ disorders. Most dentists in San Francisco state that it can be a combination of reasons such as genetics, jaw injury, or any other practices that are likely to trigger TMJ disorders.
Signs of TMJ Disorder:
Dr. Nigel Suarez at Soma Dental, the best dental clinic in San Francisco states that the symptoms of TMJ hinges on the seriousness of your condition. The symptoms that are typically associated with TMJ disorders include:
- Constant pain is felt in the face and neck region.
- A sensation of muscle stiffness in the jaw region.
- Difficulty in the movement of the jaw.
- Locking, clicking, and popping of the jaw.
- Wearing down teeth.
- Tinnitus, Vertigo, and recurring headaches.
How is TMJ Treatment in San Francisco Done?
Firstly, we must understand that there are multiple reasons why TMJ disorders can occur. Nevertheless, there are multiple methods to remedy TMJ disorders.
Let's take a look at the different TMJ Treatment in San Francisco you can take to ease down the TMJ symptoms:
- Consume soft foods.
- Practice the usage of ice to reduce swelling in your jaw region.
- Limit the movements of your jaw.
- Avoid the consumption of tough, stretchy food substances such as chewing gum, beef, and so on.
- Undertake practices that help you to relieve your stress in a simple manner.
- Practice some jaw stretching exercises and improve your jaw movements.
In addition to home treatments, dentists in San Francisco also suggest patients to undertake medication, over-the-counter or consult a doctor.
Perform a google search with the keywords “dentist near me San Francisco” and pick out the finest from the top results. Consider Dr. Nigel Suarez at Soma Dental, if you are in San Francisco, to relieve the pain and reduce long-term health risks due to TMJ disorders. Browse through our website of Soma Dental or dial us at (415) 558-9800 to gather more information right away.